Planning your race
We know a lot of training & planning goes into running a Marathon! Here is what you can expect from registration to the finish line.
Race packages will be available for pick-up in the Diamond Ballroom & Suites, in Shell Place Baseball Stadium at MacDonald Island Park. Printed confirmation of registration or government issued photo ID is required for package pick-up.
All packages must be picked up during one of the below listed dates:
- Thursday, September 13, 2018 – 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Friday, September 14, 2018 – 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, September 15, 2018 – 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
can't make it?
If you are unable to pick up your package during package pick-up, you may nominate someone to pick up your package on your behalf and the following process must be followed:
- Individual will need to show volunteers photo identification
- Individual will need to bring a copy of your confirmation email with them
- They must have email or written permission from you to pick-up your package
Race shirts will be available at the race package pick-up.
If you aren't happy with the shirt size you requested, race shirts can be exchanged at the T-Shirt Swap tent on Race Day! Limited quantities available.
Bag Check will open at 7:00 a.m on Race Day, September 16 2018.
A secure bag check is available. You can only check the reusable bag provided to you in your race package. Please note this is the ONLY bag that will be accepted at bag check.
Please adhere the colored sticker with your bib number to the bag. This is required to check and pick up the bag. Allow a minimum of 30 minutes to check your bag.
All Fort McMurray Marathon participants will receive a Race Bib. To ensure accurate timing, please refer to the following instructions:
- Clearly worn on the front of your torso
- Unaltered, and unmodified
- Pinned in all 4 corners
- Not covered by your jacket, water bottle, another shirt/sweater
- Visible as you cross the start and finish lines
- Do not fold or bend your race number as it will damage the timing chip
- All participants will receive a race bib and timing chip at registration. Your bib must be pinned (unmodified and fully visible) to the front of your shirt and displayed throughout the entire race. Participants without a bib will be asked to leave the course and will not be timed or receive a finishing medal
water + Medical stations
All Water & Medical Stations will be referenced on each course map.
For more details, check out your distance's course map.
Awards will be presented to the top participants in each category, please reference your race day information package provided for more information.
Once the post-race endorphins wear off, your body will need to be refueled! Healthy, post-race nutrition will be available in the Runners' Chute for all Fort McMurray Marathon participants.
Post-race massages will be available to participants. Massages are on a first come, first serve basis and will begin at 8:00 a.m.
Celebrate your accomplishment with a commemorative photo at the Fort McMurray Marathon Photobooth! Each runner will receive a voucher for a complimentary photo, additional photos can be purchased for $5 each. Photography provided by One Wolf Creative
macdonald island park
1 CA Knight Way
Fort McMurray, AB